Drug and Alcohol Education Class – Las Vegas
Healthy Minds offers an 8 hour Drug and Alcohol Education Class for people in the community or court programs who don’t qualify for full Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) or Outpatient Programs (OP) treatment but have a history of substance abuse. This is an evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) curriculum.
The class is hosted by Healthy Minds’ Clinical Director, Melissa Paller, LCSW, LCADC.
This is a $100 group class that insurance does not cover. Each participant with be given a certificate of completion at the end of the day/group.
What you’ll learn
Topics covered in our Drug and Alcohol Education Class include:
- addicts & addiction
- your body on alcohol and other drugs
- the disease of addiction and its effects
- roles within the family with addiction
- now is the time for real change
- chang and relapse prevention
- early recovery skills
- beginning the transition to lifelong change and recovery
Additional details and signup
- Duration: The class typically lasts from 9am – 6pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
- Cost: $100
- When & Where: Contact our admissions coordinator (below) for dates of upcoming classes and class location.
If you or someone you know qualifies for this class or you’d like to request more information, please give us a call: