Healthy Minds in the News
As Southern Nevada’s premier mental health provider, Healthy Minds’ experts are often interviewed by area news outlets when important mental health issues are being covered or when reports are released detailing our work improving mental health outcomes and reducing taxpayer costs for various state agencies. Here are some recent stories featuring Healthy Minds and members of our team:
- December 2014 | University of Nevada School of Medicine – The University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, offers the first and only child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship training program in Clark County, thanks to the help of Healthy Minds’ Medical Director, Dr. Lisa Durette, who also serves as the fellowship director of this important program. | View full story
- Fall 2014 | Synapse Magazine – Healthy Minds’ Director, Dr. Lisa Durette, is interviewed to discuss the Nevada School of Medicine’s new psychiatric fellowship program, which she and others at Healthy Minds is helping spearhead. | Open PDF
- July 2014 | FFTA Annual Conference – Healthy Minds’ presents findings from their groundbreaking research study: “Comparison of Pre- and Post-Treatment Data in the Use of Evidence-Based Treatments of Foster Children in an Urban Community” at the FFTA’s 28th Annual Conference. | View PDF File
- Summer 2014 | Vegas Seven – Healthy Minds’ Medical Director, Dr. Lisa Durette, who has been voted Las Vegas’s Top Doc four years in a row, is interviewed by Vegas Seven magazine. | Link to original story
- Feb 18, 2014 | KLAS TV, Channel 8 – Dr. Harding, Healthy Minds’ Assnt. Medical Director, discusses Healthy Minds’ efforts to get trained child psychologists into public schools, in light of recent media stories.| Link to original story
- June 2013 | Board of County Commissioners of Clark County, Nevada, issues Healthy Minds a Proclamation thanking them for their community service in successfully conducting the Therapeutic Foster Care Pilot Program. | View or download proclamation
- April 29, 2013 | Las Vegas Review Journal – Healthy Minds’ Dr. Lisa Durette and Dr. Kenneth McKay are interviewed to discuss Las Vegas’s severe shortage of child and adolescent psychiatrists and what Healthy Minds is doing to help solve the problem. | Link to original story
- April 18, 2013 | News 3 – Healthy Minds is featured for helping foster children in Clark County. Under a new pilot program, Healthy Minds was able to reduce use of psychotropic medications by 50%, reduce hospitalization rates by 90% and close 1/3 of the cases. These efforts saved tax payers millions of dollars while providing better care for children and their families. | Link to original story
Healthy Minds helps foster children and taxpayers:
Healthy Minds helps reunite families:
Want to do a story on Healthy Minds?
If you or your network would like to do a story on Healthy Minds or need to interview an expert mental health professional, we’d be happy to assist you. Click here to find out how we can help.